Monday 12 December 2011

A bond that cannot be broken.

Bond.

An unbreakable bond.

Some people upon hearing this would probably tell themselves "I know about these bonds".

Well, yes. All of you do know this bond. This feeling of security and love so much that you'll never get tired of it. It'll never wear down, although sometimes there's holes and tears but this bond always manage to mend itself. Always manage to get hold of your deepest feelings.

However, like everything else in this world, to each person, this bond is different. Some have strong, some have weak. But nevertheless, it is there. Which is why to each person is unique. I'm pretty sure most people have a strong bond.

You know what I'm talking about.

Family.

I do not know everyone's relationship with their family or if any of their family members already passed away. Therefore, I apologize sincerely because I might have not known what you've been through. In that case, please allow me to give you a glimpse of what I feel for my family.

Family is like a house. You build the foundation out of love. The stronger the better. Once the foundation is laid out and then the pillars comes next. This is where the children came into play. Son and daughters is the pillars of a new home. The bricks are all the experience you get from your family. Each and every brick is different from one another. The more you have, the stronger your home is.

Next is the roof. The roof is what is the result of the love and experience together. The roof is the bond that I'm talking about. It shelters the home from being wet from the rain, or the heat from the Sun.

If you miss any one of those, the house is incomplete.

Let it be a big house, or a small house. Each one of them give a feeling like no other. Feeling of being belong to something. All of my experience, my family have been there for me. Let it be when I was ill or when I was taking my exam results or when I was sad. But I know my family would not be there for me forever. And when the time comes, I do not want to have any regrets.

I wish when the time come for me to serve my parents, I will not hesitate. Just like my parents did not hesitate to give me food when I was hungry. To clean me when I am dirty. To hold my hands as I learn how to walk. To listen to me when I learn to speak.

I hope this for you as well. Please learn something out of this. Parents will get old. They will move on someday. And you'll make your own family.

Have you not ever sit down together with your family and realize how many grey hairs your parents have? How they could not do the things that they use to do and needed your help? You're blind if you can't see this.

I often ask myself, what can I do? Most of the time, I couldn't get an answer. You know why? Because my parents never ask for anything. I'm sure the same for you too.

So please. Wherever you are, whether it's far or close to your home. Give your parents a hug. Give them a call. Tell them you miss them. Tell them you love them. Don't wait till Hari Raya to say these words. You'll never know what would happen.

Lets make du'a for our parents.

"All praise due to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds, the most Merciful, please forgive all my sins, my friend's and my parents. Please protect my parents from the evil of their own souls and evil of others. Protect them from the fire of hell and open your gate of Jannah to them. Bless them with your blessings oh dear Lord. Love them as much as they loved me when I was a child. Care for them like they have cared for me. For you are the best Protector and the All-Forgiving. Amiin"

Thanks for reading.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: