Thursday 24 September 2009

My first Labour birth :D

Today, I was in a hospital and I was attached to a Paediatrician, Dr. Tee. Since today was a really busy day, so I sat in his clinic watching him examine babies, kids. Nothing much really, but attached to him was very hectic.

At one point, he was examining a kid and suddenly he got a phone call. He clicked his handsfree and closed it back a sec later.

" Do you want to follow me to the labour clinic?" By the time he finished said this, he was already moving and about 2 metres away from me. He's a small guy but walks at an incredible high speed. I have to jog to catch up with him.

I went straight through doors, which most of them are only for hospital personnels. I was granted all access to the hospital actually. But by courtesy, I only enter by permission. When, I came in, there are nurses who wanted to stop me from coming in but the paediatrician said

" Nevermind, nevermind....He's a medical student"

I was embarassed. I haven't completed IB yet much less entering a medical college.

And so, I went into the Labour delivery room.

Before I step in, Dr. Tee said this to me " Do you want to come in? A lot of blood you know.."

I don't care anyway. If I want to be a doctor, I must make myself tolerable to blood. When I took a step into the room, it was really not a sight to be seeing. Blood was really everywhere. And must I say that, I wasn't expecting this much of blood.

A gynaecologist came in next and Dr. Tee explains to him who I am. The gynae was glad and a welcoming smile was on his face " Welcome to the team"

Oh my.....I'm not yet in the team....And I certainly don't know what to do if he asks me to deliver the baby. Fortunately he didn't.

Then, a scream of pain came next. She was shouting and screaming in pain. I never seen someone in pain so much. Now I know why women are treasured in Islam. Because they bear pain to give birth to life.

After a couple of try, the baby is not yet out. The doctor have to perform suction of the baby. Soon after he did that, the baby's head was out.

I really thought it would be like in a movie where the doctor would shout, " I can see the head!!!" but it wasn't really like that. I was surprised actually when the doctor start pulling out the baby's head.

When the baby is out, Dr. Tee took a hold of the baby. It was a she. He quickly wipe of blood from the baby and cleans off her air ways and trachea by sucking all fluids in the passageway.

The baby cried loudly. I can't help but to smile to myself, knowing that I had witnessed a birth. It is as though that the baby is shouting " I'm here....and I exist".

Dr. Tee gave the baby to the mother and she kissed the baby on the forehead. I was happy for her eventhough I'm not related for her. She had done a great job.....I'll never forget that.

10 comments:

Iskandar said...

Teramat sangat jealous sbb tak dapat tengok benda2 spt itu. :(

atiqaaskan said...

wow! best nye!! jealous gile and hrp 1 hr nnti ad peluang gak :)

Mr Nobody said...

Haha.....Doktor tu tanya kat aku "How do you find it?"

Aku pon jawablah " Very interesting"

Pastu, dia jawab balik "What interesting?? Scary you know...Everything can happen during birth. There's nothing interesting but only fear of what is going to happen next"

Aku terkelu dengar....

Lord Hosni the Wise said...

haha..i watched the HO do irrigation for urinary tract...seeing the catether being inserted into the urethra make me shiver...gues from where the doc insereted the catether...aiya

owh gosh..the catether was wuite big u noe~!!! ouch

myrnnss said...

COOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL!!!~

Mr Nobody said...

Hosni : Male or female?? If its male, then I feel the shiver too...ahahaha

blade said...

fuyooo!!!

Ahmad Safwan bin Idrus said...

danny,aku pon penah gak tgk.
tp ngeri kn?
banyak darah kuar,1 mlm aku bau darah

lordhosni said...

male..drug addict

Mr Nobody said...

I saw it today Hosni...Operation, open heart surgery....removing fluids in the body before operation.....Damn big... :P