Sunday 15 February 2009

Old folks home ....(T.T)

Last Wednesday, my club along with Culinary club went to the old folks home in Seremban. Was quite enthusiatic about the activities that we're gonna do. Its surprising to see how those old folks really get into the game and they do UNDERSTAND what we said or our instructions

Many people claim that they are like walking zombies...they do not react to watever you said! That is BULLSHIT!!! They are experienced men and women who deserved the utmost respect from their children and also from other people...Some of then served the United Nations and even some played against Haji Sidek back then.

In the end, what did these people get? End up in an old folks home...I felt pity for them. Men and women who were discriminated by not only their children, but also the local community. The way the warden treated them was unfair. Its a little bit rude to that to old people....Screaming and yelling. Calling names!

I wonder what would they feel if they were to swap places. I can't imagine it either.

I feel that what i did on the other day would have impact on their life....Not to certain extend that they would remember it, but somehow they would know that at least someone had cared for them, and they are not forgotten in this world.

When we left the old folks home, I was the last one to step on the bus. As I was stepping onto the bus, i took one last, long look around. I fell into a sober, wondering what fate would await me in the future? Would my children later on decide to put me into an old folk home and wait for my death? Or would i stay with my family till the last breath? Only Lord would know.....

No comments: