Tuesday 25 August 2009

My story...Your story...Our story...

My schoolmate is flying to Poland in ten minutes. Somehow, I can tell how elegant he would look. A man with such high calibre and was respected throughout the school. He was an-all rounder.

He scored 11A1 in his SPM. He was the Secretary in the Prefect Board. He was the only guy in form 5 that were able to secure that position. The rest was taken by form sixes. He was a President of Japanese Language Club. He founded the club and by the end of the year, he had collected more than RM2000....Their club went for a dinner in a five-star hotel (in a ballroom). Not mentioning he was a King scout and one of the leaders in First Fort Scout, the same as I am.

He took one of the highest award given out by my school of which the award was one of the oldest. That award began in 1920.....meanwhile I was granted an excellence award which began in 1950s... Sometimes I envy him.

Our names were stated in the hall of fame. Every award's recipient, would be written their name and their respective years. The oldest award was in 1900s....Some names dated back to 1826....the year my school was born. Mine was 2007....

When I picture him in the airport, its always a different person. I would picture everything, and just that, it wasn't him....but it was me in my imagination. I do not know why...but somehow its like that.

I saw everyone from MD41....We were cheering...We were laughing...with all our suits and travelling bags....

The guys were looking smart and the girls were elegant. We held our heads high....stood tall, each same par with one another....

Parents were proud....Some were crying...not tears of pain or sadness....but tears of happiness...tears of pride...

I walked straight to my parents...hugged them....kissed them on the cheek.....and said...
" I can't guarantee that I will suceed, but I'll guarantee that I'll do my best "

And you know what, everyone in MD41 was saying the same thing to their respective parents....Some started crying...

As I walk through the customs check, I look back....glancing my parents...remembering the promise that I've made to them.....


and before I knew it,


tears was dropping down my cheek....

5 comments:

nurulfana said...

awwww
sedihnye nak flyyy

*walopon setahun lagi*

Mr Nobody said...

Takpe fana...masenyer akan sampai...

Lord Hosni the Wise said...

harap2 la smpai..

harap2 la dapat fly..

future remains unpredictable

*sigh*

Mr Nobody said...

Nothing is predictable....your future, your hands....you determine it...

ika_chan said...

hurmmm..takutnyer...
hopefully it gonna b true 4 all of us..insyaallah