Monday 1 June 2009

My Responsibility.....

I learned something....Yesterday I sat with my parents along with my little brother and we chat until 4 am.

We talked many stuffs.....Facts of life, our relatives, Business management ( I learn a lot in this one....Haha....Dad have a master degree on this ) . And One knowlegde that I think that is the most valuable that I learned that day was my family's history.


My dad and mum said that it is time that we know the history of our family. And so I listen eagerly. I never knew these stuffs, and perhaps they seen that it is time for me to learn from the family's history. They told me that I'm old and matured enough to learn and not to repeat the same mistake.


I was devastated just by listening to the hardship that they have to gone through together...Mum and Dad....Before and after their marriage. I was unable to even imagine.....myself surviving that hardship...I nearly cried, feeling that my parents actually have to go through that.....And I realise that, all this while I thought that the IB programme is tough and but theirs was a lot tougher... I shouldn't have complained, but instead be grateful. I realise this now.


My father was born to a family of a farmer.....He was the cycle breaker in his family....He managed to get himself out of poverty and carry out what his late father ( my grandfather ) asked him to do....take care of his brothers.


On that same night, my father entrusted me to do the same....I was deeply honoured.....I went to sleep that night with a big responsibility....And I asked myself...


Will I be able to do the same??

Only time will tell....Till then, life gotta to go on.....

No comments: