Tuesday 17 March 2009

Free as stated in the Hippocratic Oath

I was in the ENT clinic or for those who do not know....its Ear, Nose and Throat. And the doctor there was plainly dressed and even I wouldn't have thought even a second that he was a doctor. And I admire him for that.


He checked my ear and gave a little treatment with his gizmos...The reason why I came to the ENT clinic because the other day when I was at the waterworld, probably lots of water entered my right ear and I couldn't hear stuff properly.



We chat after that and we talked about studies abroad and all sorts of stuffs. My sis was there too and both of them talked about some kind of disease and in which leads me to a new knowledge.



And when we were about to leave. He looked straight at us..



" A doctor shouldn't charge his/her collegues or future collegues as stated in the Hippocratic Oath "



I kept hearing his words in my ear......and I fell into sober....knowing that he would expect great things from us both....



And I really admire him for that.....







P/S : Hippocratic Oath is the Oath that every doctor must swear upon graduating as a Medical Doctor....For those who google-ed it....there are no line mentioning that, but probably they learned it in medical ethics which we'll learn in the second year of medic school.

2 comments:

Lord Hosni the Wise said...

i wiki-ed already bout that oath but found no lines mentioning that a doc wont charge his/her colllege or future collegue..

but if such oath is really there, then it will be real nice!!!!

i am going for liposuction then!!

for free!!

Mr Nobody said...

Dear Hosni....

The oath doesn't stated it....yes i knew it before i posted it. But I think the doctor is just being kind and humble....

He makes me motivated somehow.....