Sunday 29 March 2009

What happened at 3.00 AM.....

Its been 6 years now....it still feels like yesterday.....never before have I voiced this out publicly. And I've been telling this to people so that it won't repeat....Its been a burden to bear.....

Now I feel that it is time......People should know what happened to me at 3.00 AM ......


Let me tell you as if it was happening right now.....

6 years ago.....

I looked up in the sky and noticed the moon was as bright as the sun.....We could see few metres ahead of us and the clear bright light from the moon has been really helpful for this camping....

It's been a year now since I joined scouts....I had my bitter times and my sweet times. And Mr.X here was there for me everytime I was in trouble.... There was a time when I was caught red-handed for spilling out the whole patrol's lunch but he took full responsibility for it...Never have I owed so much to a person...

We were on duty for patrol that night....Our last patrol..... It was 2.30 AM, I was getting sleepy and exhausted but he was still guarding the campsite as if it was only just a minute had passed.....

"Jom jalan....aku mengantuk la" I said to him

He nodded in agreement and stood up. I too, stood up and we strolled in the compound..... There was nothing to do at night patrol except looking at people's camp, strolling around, and chat.

We walked and started to chat....

"Exam kau yang lepas ok ke?" I asked

"Ok je....tapi takde la power sangat"

"Oh...bagus la camtu....next time kau kena naik pentas, ambil anugerah.....kalau tak, aku sekel kepala kau"

"Wah, ni dah melampau...hahahaa. Ok, aku cuba. Wei Danial, ko kena janji kat aku dulu....Lepas habis sekola ni, ko kena jadi sama ada Doktor atau Businessman"

"Weh, susah la nak jadi Doktor....Ko ingat senang ke....Exam aku punye result pun terumbang-ambing....Ko nak aku jadi doktor????"

We chatted all night while patrolling the campsite.....We were close friends...nothing more than that....

Then, at exactly 3.00 AM....

"Pkul brape ni?" He asked

"Tepat 3 pagi"

"Oh"

We were walking on a straight road....It was when we saw that 'thing'. Our eyes met it.....we gave it a stare.... Not sure of what it is, we yell the code...

"Burung!!!!!"

no reply.

"Burung!!!!"

Still no reply.....The air is silent.....

"Dia tau tak yang dia kena jawab 'hantu'. Kod kita burung hantu kan?" I said

"Yer la, tapi kalau dia bukan orang kita?"

My blood went cold.....By looking at his face, I felt his was the same too....Wind was blowing....strangely never before wind blew this strong in the middle of the night....

Dogs howling.....Birds chirping and flying away....Leafs falling from trees...

Something was about to happen....and we didn't realised it... It stood about 30 meters from us...Quite a distance...Our duty was suppose to report any strange incidents to our superiors but this was completely different. There's something about this 'thing' that kept me standing
there...unmoved...emotionless.....

" Cepat.....kita kena report ni...." He said loudly,overcoming the sound of the wind blowing..... grasping my hand....

"Kejap...aku nak tengok ape dia buat..." I said foolishly... hypnotized by it....

Then, it began.


......



It was all my fault.....I couldn't bear it....writing this down is really..............I don't know what to say....Its painful for me...........

I'm sorry...I'll continue on, when I have the strength....

No comments: